5/09/2010 12:16:00 AM

Day 3 - Ending Location – Cheynne, WY

A. Start Location – St. Joseph, MO
B. Goal – Big Springs, NE
C. Actual – Cheynne, WY

     Last night I discovered that the infamous outlaw Jesse James was shot and killed in St. Joseph, MO. The house where he was shot has been turned into a museum and since I had some extra time I decide to swing by and see Jesse James’s house. I was not able to tour the museum because it doesn’t open until 10:00 a.m. and I didn’t could afford to wait for it to open and still make my driving goals with daylight left. But here is a picture from the outside.


     After the quick stop at the museum I was on my way. When I planned my route across country, I didn’t realize that I would be driving though Iowa until I saw the sign that said welcome to Iowa. About 10 mins. later I passed the welcome to Nebraska sign. About a mile later, I spied a sign for a Lewis and Clark Visitor Center. I decided that I had time and went for a visit. It was a small but interesting museum. The guy behind the counter thought it was interesting that I handed him my UF college ID but signed the ledger with my home as Knoxville, TN.  The picture below is a replica of the keel boat used by Lewis and Clark.


     After the museum it was just at lot of rolling hills and beautiful but empty landscape until I got to the western part of Nebraska that borders Colorado. Once I got close to Colorado, I started seeing larger hills and some rock cliffs.

     Overall, the driving was good I only drove 9 hours today with about 7 hours on the agenda for tomorrow. The wind was less of a consistent issue today; however the road contentious were worse. They were worse in the sense that the road was not smooth and this meant that my car would make funny noises due to the road. At one point I got on the interstate and was going to get off at the next exit to figure out what was causing the loud funny noise, but it stopped right after the road surface changed.

Yesterday, I posted the cop count, here is the updated list:

Kentucky - 5
Indiana - 6
Illinois - 0
Missouri – 7
Iowa – 1
Nebraska – 3
Wyoming – 0

0 comments:

Post a Comment