5/28/2010 07:19:00 PM

Day 18 – A Slight Promotion and Another Busy Day

     There is one bad thing about working the lunch/dinner shift. No real free time to go hiking (snowshoeing). But I like not having to get up at 5:45 a.m. to get ready to be at work at 6:15 a.m. As we were setting up the food and beverage, Wes came over and told me that they were going to train me as a back-up server. This was great new supposing I have only been here a week. They paired me up with one of the older servers Brian and I was learning from him while bussing his and another server’s tables. Towards the end of shirt, Brian let me do a couple of tables by myself. The only issue I had with my tables was the timing on the food, but according to Brian that will come with time.

     Today’s dinner service was about as busy as yesterday’s without the large parties. Again I was bussing tables. Bussing tables might seem like a demotion from being a hostess but its not. For the most part hostess don’t get tips while the bussers are tipped by the servers so that means that I am making my hourly wage plus tips which means that I will make more money.

     According to the original schedule I was supposed to be off Monday and Tuesday, but before dinner service they told us they made some major changes which sucks because I had already made plans. Monday, my roommate and I were going to Seattle to get a few things and do some of the touristy things and Tuesday I was going hiking with one of the bussers, Tarra. The new schedule wasn’t that different from the old one except that I had to work breakfast Monday morning, and instead of all lunch/dinner shifts mostly hosting, I am working a mixture of breakfast/dinner and lunch/dinner shifts mostly bussing.
     My roommate and I are still going to Seattle we are just leaving latter than originally planned. Tarra and I are no longer going hiking together because she is working Tuesday.

     On another note, my cough has almost cleared which is a good thing, I was getting worried.

     I am working on a entire post dedicated to the people I work with so you might know these people I mention and a little bit about them.

     The Daily Mount Rainier Picture, note how different it looks from yesterdays.

0 comments:

Post a Comment