5/06/2010 09:41:00 PM

Day 1 - Ending Location – Berea, KY

     Today was my short drive day, it was only 2.5 hours. It was a easy drive though Knoxville and up to Berea, KY to visit Berea College and my best friend. I arrived on campus around noon, and meet Haleigh for lunch. After lunch see took me on a tour of the campus and we explored several places Haleigh hadn’t been in. My favorite building was the Dimitrie Berea Gallery. The Gallery is very small but had some very interesting pieces.

This piece was a very interesting giant wooden head. It appeared to be carved from a single tree trunk.
     The next four pieces were created by the same artist, Donnel Lytle. Note the Yellow Rubber Duck in all three piecies (the duck in the first piece is in the lower right cornor and is hard to see).  These were my favorite paintings in the gallery.



     The final really cool pieces of art in the Gallery were three maskes, named logic, intuition, humor.
The logic mask had various mathmatical forumilas on it. The humor mask had a very long statement that was very humors that ended with "to conclude I continue."

                                                Logic                                                    Intuition 
Humor

0 comments:

Post a Comment