5/26/2010 07:32:00 PM

Day 16 – Opening Day

     Today was the big day, the opening of Paradise Inn. We opened at 12:00 p.m. Our first lunch service of the season was very slow but we served about 50 people despite the fresh layer of snow. I spent most of lunch standing the dining room door being bored. We finished service a 3:00 p.m. and I was working the dinner serve at 4:45 so I didn’t have a lot of down time between shifts, so I didn’t do anything fun. At dinner, the one manager was going to give me the time off because we did not need all three hostess working for such a light service. His reason for giving me off was that I did such a good job at the other big dinner serve. I avoided this by following one of the more experienced servers about and learning from this while helping to bus tables. This means that I not only got paid my hourly wage but also will get some tips from the servers for busing the tables.


     According to management, I will be getting wireless internet access here at Paradise sometime within the next two week. I am not sure, if it will happen but one can hope.

0 comments:

Post a Comment