5/24/2010 07:11:00 PM

Day 14 Continued – Ruined Plans

     After I finished uploading my pictures and these blog posts, I was going to hike two very short trails and take pictures, Twin Firs Loop (0.4 mile) and Trail of the Shadows (0.7mile). About the time I got the last post completed, it started to rain. Now I know some of you would say a little rain never hurt anybody, but keep in mind that the temperature was about 40 degrees and a strong wind blowing. In addition, I still have the cough I mention (it still has not gotten better). I decided that I would just head back up the mountain instead of hiking.


     One thing I have learned on Mount Rainier is if it is raining in Longmire (the other big tourist area in the southern half of the park and the closest place to get internet) it is snowing in Paradise. Sure enough it was when I got back to Paradise it was.

     The mysterious bird I wrote about last time is called Steller’s Jay (Thanks to my mom’s BORROWED bird book).

3 comments:

Jackiee said...

Jennifer :) I hope you're having fun on your trip! Hope your job isn't so bad (

freshman_mom said...

Better check your dictionary:

Borrow - to use another's possession with PERMISSION

Stealing - to use another's possession without PERMISSION

So, just admit it, you stole my bird book!

Jenn said...

I disagree.
Borrowing - intent to return
Stealing - keeping forever

Post a Comment