4/29/2010 09:07:00 PM

The First of Many Long Days

     Today, I drove home from Gainesville, FL to Lenoir City, TN. It was about an 8 and half hour drive. I started my day at 7:00 a.m. so I could visit some friends on the way home as well as get home at a reasonable hour. The driving was boring as usual, but I found ways to entertain myself. Mostly, I listened to the radio and sung along. About half way, I was getting tired so I stopped and took a nap. Although, it wasn’t the greatest nap because my car was full and I couldn’t spread out like I usually do when I sleep in my car.

     I stopped at Lee University in Cleveland, TN and saw a few friends. Somehow, I managed to get lost on a campus a fourth of the size of UF (I was amazed at my talent). I got a tour the campus and hung out for a while.
     Another hour of driving and I was home. I drove up the last part of my mile-long gravel and saw my new car. My parents’ rock, not only did they get me a new car, but they got a giant bow to put on top just like the car Christmas commercials. One of the first things I did was take my car for a test drive. The clutch catches at a different point than my old car, but it doesn’t make any funny noises.

0 comments:

Post a Comment