4/12/2010 10:23:00 PM

Ways College Students Find to Have Fun!!!!!

     What would you think if you say a large group of college age students wandering around campus wearing arm bands and carrying nerf guns while being chased by a horde of people decked out in fake blood and wearing head bands?
     Most people would shake their head and think “stupid crazy college students.” However, if you stopped one of those students they would tell you they are playing HVZ or Humans verses Zombies. HVZ tag like game that is played on campuses across the country. UF’s current game of HVZ last from April 5 – 11, and has 1087 players (this is approximately 2% of the student population of UF and a couple of professors). This UF’s second game of HVZ and it larger than many schools version’s of the game can hope to get.
     As you probably guessed, I am one of those “stupid crazy college students.” HVZ is the reason why I haven’t blogged for almost a week.
     Last game (UF’s 1st ever game), I was turned into a zombie very early in the game. I had so much fun being a zombie and getting to kill and eat human (kill = tagging and turning into zombie). I made 4 kills in the last game. This game the goal was to at least last the first day of the game which I have did. Actually I survived, until Friday afternoon. I was attempting to go to class by not being noticeable. They only noticed me at the very last second and it was 3 on 1. I stunned two, but the third got me. Later that day, I was cured (turned back into a human) and then re-zombiefied.
     For more information on UF’s HVZ please see the facebook group (click here) or the local college newspaper’s daily coverage (click here)

0 comments:

Post a Comment