7/09/2010 05:19:00 PM

Seattle, Again, and Yes I am an Engineering Nerd

I decide that since today was miserable weather on the mountain, that I would go to Seattle and be a tourist for the day. So I left after the morning soccer games, I got in my car and the low tire pressure light was on again. (I don’t know if I mention that the low pressure light was on in Yellowstone but it was) I stopped at Ashford and filled the tire and was going to get it looked at later. It was a very uneventful three hour drive to Seattle, though I did make a pit stop to see the location of an engineering bridge disaster. I am sure most my engineering and science oriented friends can guess what bridge disaster I am referring to. Yep, it’s the Tacoma Narrows or “Galloping Gertie.” Here is the original footage of the bridge collapse.



I drove across the new bridge and then on to Seattle. Once in Seattle, I visited Pike’s Place Market and did some browsing/shopping. I spent most of the morning exploring the market and surround area.


From there, I tried to find a Honda dealership to get my tire looked at, but my GPS couldn’t get me to one that actually existed so I gave up. I was going to eat dinner on the Space Needle, but when most the menu is over $50.00, I decided not to. But I did go up the Space Needle.

From the Space Needle, I headed back to the mountain. Though driving up the mountain was an interesting experience due to the white out conditions and only being able to see a foot in front of my car.

0 comments:

Post a Comment