7/30/2010 06:21:00 AM

Olympic National Park – Mora and Hoh Rain Forest

My day started early. I was at the beach at 7:30 am to hike the mile plus out to Hole in the Wall Beach to be ready for low tide at roughly 9:00 am. Hiking in sand is much harder then one would think. As much as I hate hiking in snow, I think I hate hiking in sand more.


I wasn’t exactly sure how to tell when I had arrived at Hole in the Wall Beach, but it was fairly obvious when I got there.


From there I explored the many tide pools. The starfish and anemones were really cool.


After the tide started to come back up I headed up to the Hoh Rain Forest. This was a really cool place even if it did look very similar to Mount Rainier without the Mountain and slightly different plants. I hiked the two tourist trail: Hall of Mosses and Spruce Nature Trail. Both trails gave me a good overview of the rainforest and its ecosystem. Though I did have to put up with annoying tourists.

1 comments:

Mark Zarro said...

I've done some serious hiking in sand before as well and know exactly what you mean, though I think snowshoeing is still worse. Cool photos, thanks for sharing.

Post a Comment